Certified MOA- UT Southwestern Clinical Center- North Dallas Shared Ministries- DSRIP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
High school diploma or equivalent and CPR certification from AHA. Completion of an accredited medical assistant training program and one (1) year clinical experience in medical office or hospital setting required.
Medical Assistant certification and maintenance of current certified status through one of the following: The American Association of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologists Association, the National Association for Health Professionals, the National Center for Competency Testing, The National Healthcareer Association, National Allied Health Test Registry or American Allied Health.
1. Takes, records, and reports patient vital signs using medical equipment; performs procedures of low complexity such as visual acuity, development and/or musculoskeletal screening, POC testing, phlebotomy, EKG testing, and other approved clinic specific diagnostic testing.
2. Escorts or transports patients to exam rooms or treatment rooms, or other areas as directed.
3. Documents completion of patient care tasks in medical records, and reinforces education provided by the physician or nurse seeking assistance from the nurse or physician as appropriate. Confirms appropriate patient consent and authorization forms are signed for research and/or medical treatment
4. Assists in care of patients by preparing exam rooms for patient care, facilitating use of diagnostic equipment, and ensuring availability of needed patient information, such as results of diagnostic exams and medical records.
5. Assumes responsibility for weekly autoclave temperature monitoring, POC testing QA, and monthly audit report on compliance as directed by clinic management.
6. Serves as preceptor and resource for newly-hired medical assistants and medical assistant externs, actively participating in their integration into the department.
7. May perform a variety of administrative/clerical duties, scheduling patient appointments, precertifying procedures, answering patient phones by collecting data to forward to the nurse for triage as directed.
8. Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
9. May function as a clinic safety officer, verifying each employee's knowledge of fire safety and the evacuation plan for the work area as directed.
10. Maintains current customer service, clinical, and technical skills by attending training programs and procedures. Participates in annual skills competency review.
11. May provide occasional working supervision to non-licensed medical and/or clerical office support personnel for clerical functions or other non-clinical activities.
12. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records. Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Bilingual Spanish preferred, this position is at NDSM, North Dallas Shared Ministries- DSRIP
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..