Certified Medical Assistant - Padre Island Family Health Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Corpus Christi, TX
The Certified Medical Assistant under the supervision of the department manager, physician, nurse practitioner and physician's assistant, will perform various services and related activities in support of patient care to include accurate data entry for patient registration and insurance verification. The Certified Medical Assistant demonstrates the ability to use good judgement and communicates effectively with all patients; families; licensed personnel; insurance companies and third party payers. Demonstrates a professional and caring manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant Program from an Accredited Institution
- General office skills, filing, computers skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Data entry and compiling of reports and statistics.
- ICD-9 (10)/CPT coding and medical terminology required.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Two or more years experience as a certified medical assistant preferred, including familiarity in using an electronic medical record, Patient Accounting, billing, collections and Managed Care.
- Experience collecting specimens and ordering laboratory testing required
- Current CMA certification
- CPR - (American Heart Association)