Certified Medical Coding Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
American Hearing Aid Associates
Chadds Ford, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Certified Medical Coding Manager is responsible for the reconciliation and accurate charge entry relative to the professional services provided within practices and will serve as a key resource for coding matters. This position will assist with questions regarding billing and coding issues, outstanding balances and payments, weekly and monthly reporting, and daily claim resolution within the practice management system. The incumbent must stay updated on CMS regulations and billing/payment guidelines for all in-network payers and maintain professional coding certification.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
* Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined selected charges
* Receives practice information to properly bill provider services for patients
* Serves as the key contact and liaison with practices to answer coding questions
* Supplies correct ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT codes on all services performed
* Seeks clarification from practices when documentation is absent, ambiguous or contradictory
* Audits records to ensure proper coding completed and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
* Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts
* Conducts coding classes for practices and staff
* Responsible for planning, organizing, reviewing, evaluating mentoring and training the work of coders within the department
* Participate in the development of coding policies and procedures as identified
* Maintains strict confidentiality of all protected health information (PHI) and adheres to HIPAA guidelines and AHAA's policies and procedures related to release of information and patient records access
* Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director. Position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision.
Exercises general supervision of a team of certified coders (approximately 5)
* Bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university preferred
* Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification required (through AHIMA or AAPC)
* Minimum of 8-10 years successful employment in coding required. Minimum 5 years' experience in a supervisory role.
* Knowledge of ICD-9&10 and CPT coding required
* Knowledge of multi-specialty coding preferred
* Proficiency in utilizing MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Analytical skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and create workable solutions from available information
* CCS-P certification preferred