Certified Medication Aide/ CMA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Certified Medication Aide: Avamere Rehab of Hillsboro
Full-Time EVE Position Available!
2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Schedule: Four on, Two off
Please apply online at: https://careers-avamere.icims.com
Avamere Rehab of Hillsboro
650 SE Oak St.
Hillsboro, OR 97123
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the administering of medication to residents.
* Administer medications to residents as ordered and under the direction of the attending physician.
* Administer medications in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures and practices of this facility, and requirements of the state.
* Accurately and safely prepare, administer and document the oral and/or topical medications ordered for a resident.
* Complete necessary forms, charts and reports in a timely matter.
* Ensure that all medications administered are properly labeled, returned and reordered.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
* Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide in this state.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Knowledge of the meaning and usage of common medical abbreviations, symbols and terms relative to the administration of medications.
* Ability to accurately measure, record and report the vital signs of a resident.
* Effectively communicate necessary resident information to Charge Nurses, Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro is a 100 bed skilled nursing and rehab facility providing short-term therapeutic rehabilitation, Alzheimer s and hospice care, as well as, long-term care. We are a proud recipient of the AHCA National Silver Award for quality, received a deficiency free State Survey in 2015, and have a 5-star Medicare rating. We have a brand new workout wellness center and new learning center where we provide different educational sessions. Avamere at Hillsboro is currently seeking top notch talent to join our hard working and dedicated team.