Certified Medication Aide/ CMA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
Avamere Family of Companies
Sweet Home, OR
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Certified Medication Aide: Avamere Twin Oaks of Sweet Home
Full-Time or Part-time Evening Position Available
Please apply online at www.teamavamere.com or in-person at the facility
Avamere Twin Oaks of Sweet Home
950 Nandina Street
Sweet Home, OR 97386
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the administering of medication to residents.
* Administer medications to residents as ordered and under the direction of the attending physician.
* Administer medications in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures and practices of this facility, and requirements of the state.
* Accurately and safely prepare, administer and document the oral and/or topical medications ordered for a resident.
* Complete necessary forms, charts and reports in a timely matter.
* Ensure that all medications administered are properly labeled, returned and reordered.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
* Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide in this state.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Knowledge of the meaning and usage of common medical abbreviations, symbols and terms relative to the administration of medications.
* Ability to accurately measure, record and report the vital signs of a resident.
* Effectively communicate necessary resident information to Charge Nurses, Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Avamere Twin Oaks of Sweet Home is a 48 bed skilled nursing and rehab facility providing short-term therapeutic rehabilitation, Alzheimer s and hospice care, as well as, long-term care. Twin Oaks takes pride in the home town environment that resonates within the facility, the patients are family and at our facility everyone knows everyone. Avamere Twin Oaks of Sweet Home has a 5 Star Medicare.gov rating. This facility is currently seeking top notch talent to join their team of all-stars.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Upon hire, all employees will be drug tested, criminal background checked and DMV checked for driving company vehicles. If you have any questions regarding the employment checks, please contact the human resource department.
The mission of the Avamere Family of Companies is to enhance the life of every person we serve. It is through our Core Values that each member of our Family lives our mission. By putting integrity above all else, our passion for the quality of peoples lives shows in our evidenced-based approaches to achieving the best possible outcomes. We strive for quality that is obvious; the type of quality that is won through hard work and innovation. Our culture of trust and respect is recognized during the first meeting between the families, patients, residents, and our caring staff. As a leader of post-acute care services, the Avamere Family of Companies continually reaches to learn, grow, and embrace change. Ultimately it all comes down to teamwork, camaraderie, and fun!
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, AD&D coverage, generous Employee Referral program/bonus, plus numerous employee discount programs!
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER