Certified Nurse Aide - CNA - Neuro Critical Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
* Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
* 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
* 338 beds
Services & Expertise
* 5-Star Birthing Center
* Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
* Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Heart & Neurovascular
* Primary Stroke Center
* Robotic Surgery
* Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
* Sleep Center
* Spine Center
* Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
The Certified Nursing Assistant works under the direction of licensed Nursing personnel to provide quality patient care in accordance with applicable regulations.
* Participate in patient care assessments and assist in development of patient treatment plans.
* Provide direct patient care in accordance with treatment plans, as directed by the Nursing Supervisor/Nurse Manager.
* Demonstrate understanding of and utilize proper infection control policies/practices.
* Accompany patients, as needed, to various activities and functions.
* Complete required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
* Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment for patients.
* Act in compliance with all corporate, State, Federal and other regulatory standards.
* Attend meetings and in-service sessions, as directed.
* Access continuing education opportunities as appropriate to discipline in order to maintain clinical currency.
* Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Completion of an approved course of Certified Nursing Assistant study, required
* Valid certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Colorado, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Assn, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of hospital experience, preferred