Certified Nurse Midwife
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Cape Cod Healthcare
Certified Nurse Midwife
CCH PH - Birthing Center
Per Diem hours, Rot Days, Rot W/E, Rot Hol.
Cape Cod Healthcare is an award-winning, comprehensive regional healthcare system based in Hyannis, Massachusetts. With more than 400 physicians, 4,000 employees, and 1,000 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare operates two-acute care hospitals, the largest home health services agency on the Cape (VNA), skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, an assisted living facility and numerous health programs. In 2013, CCHC was named one of America's top 15 healthcare systems by Truven Health Analytics, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. CCHC was cited for its achievements in providing high-value, community-based care with positive outcomes and fewer complications for patients. Quality, safety, and patient satisfaction are at the heart of everything we do! We are currently seeking a dedicated Certified Nurse MidWife to join our team at Cape Cod Hosptial.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provides medical care and treatment to obstetrical patients under supervision of Obstetrician, delivers babies, and instructs patients in prenatal and postnatal health practices.
- Participates in initial examination of obstetrical patient, and is assigned responsibility for care, treatment, and delivery of patient.
- Participates in antenatal evaluation and treatment of the obstetrical patient.
- Examines patient during pregnancy, utilizing physical findings, laboratory test results, and patient's statements to evaluate condition and ensure that patient's progress is normal. Instructs patient in prenatal health practices.
- Discusses case with Obstetrician and staff to assure observation of specified practices.
- Stays with patient during labor to reassure patient and to administer medication.
- Delivers infant and performs postpartum examinations and treatments to ensure that patient and infant are responding normally.
- When deviations from standard are encountered during pregnancy or delivery, administers stipulated emergency measures, and arranges for immediate contact of Obstetrician.
- Visits patient during postpartum period in hospital to examine patient and instruct patient in care of self and infant. Participate in discharge care including discharge orders.
- Assist Obstetrician as First Assist for C-sections
- Maintains records of cases for inclusion in establishment file.
- Conducts classes for groups of patients and families to provide information concerning pregnancy, childbirth, and family orientation.
- May direct activities of other workers.
- May instruct in midwifery in establishment providing such training.
- Participate in the performance improvement activities of the department.
- Requires a Masters Degree in Nursing and current RN licensure in the state of MA. Must also possess MA Certified Nurse Midwife License.
- Minimum two years experience as a certified nurse midwife.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, clinical practice standards, normal maternal / fetal growth and development, and requirements of nurse midwifery practice. Able to independently seek out resources and solve complex problems.
- US Department of Justice and
Massachusetts' Controlled Substance DEA Registrations are required for prescribing practitioners.
- Documented proof of attendance at Fetal Monitor Course every 2 years.
- Current certification in American
Pediatric Neonatal Resuscitation within 6 months of position and must maintain certification.
- ACLS within 6 months of position and must maintain certification
HR Use Only:
Zip Code: 02601