Certified Nursing Assistant II-5W-16 Hours Nights (SEIU)
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT II-5W-16 HOURS NIGHTS (SEIU)
JOB ID 2150658 DATE POSTED 05/11/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse and in accordance with hospital policies, procedures, protocols, and standards of practice, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) participates in the delivery of patient care. The role encompasses the provision of direct clinical and support services to patients and families across the health care continuum, functioning as an effective member of the health care team by contributing to the efficient operation of the patient care unit, and accountability for fiscally sound, quality patient/family clinical outcomes.
* High school diploma or GED certificate required.
* Requires one year of previous experience as a nursing assistant in an acute hospital setting, or is enrolled in a nursing program and has completed two cycles of clinical rotation or successful completion of an approved certified nursing assistant training program.
* Ability to effectively speak, read and write using the English language.
* Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the Medical Center is preferred.
* Ability to perform basic math and quantitative measurements, e.g., obtain height and weight, abdominal girths, measure urine output, calorie counts, etc.
* Ability to accurately interpret and utilize basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
* Ability to enter and retrieve computerized information/data.
* Ability to pass clinical competency testing and basic math and abbreviation test.
* Physical ability to push, transfer, and pull heavy loads (e.g. independently transport average-sized patient via wheelchair and stretcher, etc.) throughout assigned shift.
* Physical ability to meet core job requirements in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
* Effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with nursing staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, and other hospital staff.
* Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
* Ability to manage stress related to patient care issues, and changing organizational climate and personnel issues.