Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / Home Health - ReqCode 1059133
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnique Intake Opportunity for a Nurse (RN or LPN) with a Home Health Leader - Become A Senior Advocate!WILLCARE is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. Receive courses to advance your skills as a geriatric specialist. You will also enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Under the direct supervision of an Occupational Therapist, administers complex active and passive therapeutic exercise, ADL retraining, and various cognitive techniques. Instructs, motivates and assists patients in learning and improving activities of daily living.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
1. Provides direct patient care services as delegated by the Occupational Therapist to ensure the effectiveness of Occupational Therapy programs.
2. Prioritizes, plans treatment and travel times to provide for maximum efficiency, yet meet the needs of the patients
3. Follows and utilizes correct modalities of treatment and suggests variations to written protocol as approved by Occupational Therapist, as appropriate.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of Occupational Therapy procedures, equipment, and supplies providing for safety and maximum patient benefit as required by policy and state regulations.
5. Follows the Plan of Care and performs therapeutic interventions as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
6. Completes and submits required documentation within established agency guidelines
7. Facilitates effective communication amongst other clinicians providing care
8. Monitors visit frequency and duration by reviewing physicians' orders and comparing to the plan of care and documentation.
9. Acts as a referral source for staff, families, physicians on services and equipment related to rehabilitation services. Promotes services offered through communication with potential referral sources, including on-site visits, attendance at expose, fairs, etc.
10. Participation in education of client or family.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
1. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
2. Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
3. Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and companywide goals.
4. Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
5. Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
6. Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service. Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community. Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
7. Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
8. Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
9. Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
10. Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
11. Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
12. Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
13. Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
14. Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
15. Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
16. Observe infection control and standard precautions.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Associate Degree as Occupational Therapy Assistant.
2. Current license / registration by state of hire as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
3. One (1) year experience as Occupational Therapy Assistant.
4. Successful completion of a Competency and Proficiency Test and Skills evaluation appropriate for the position
5. Prior home care experience preferred
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Pass a physical examination after being offered employment and a health assessment annually thereafter.
2. Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities,
3. May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings,
4. May be exposed to high crime areas within the service community.
5. Endure exposure to weather and temperature extremes,
6. Must be able to travel,
... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button