Certified Personal Banker - East Aurora Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Financial Institutions, Inc.
East Aurora, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Accountability and ownership for meeting or exceeding established sales goals as assigned as well as individual and departmental call center metrics.
2. Educate Customers on alternate delivery methods and channels.
3. Evaluate the needs of customers and recommend appropriate financial products and services.
4. Identify and act upon opportunities to refer customers to specialists in other lines of business.
5. Generate, identify, and expand customer relationships utilizing defined prospect lists.
6. Accept and process loan applications.
7. Apply knowledge of bank policies and procedures to appropriately and efficiently resolve customer account issues.
8. Required to serve in the role of Banking Center Representative as needed.
9. Required to successfully register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier through the registry that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. In addition, must successfully renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
10. Successful completion of the FSB Certification Program is essential. Obtainment of the FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses and NYS Life, Accident & Health licenses and Notary Public within 12 months of employment is required.
11. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
12. This job description is not exhaustive. The Certified Personal Banker may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Prior Experience:
Required: Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field Years: 1+ Type: Financial Industry
Required: Associates Degree in Business or related field Years: 3+ Type: Financial Industry
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent Years: 3+ Type: Sales and goal based environment, with strong customer service focus
Preferred: Bachelor s Degree Years: 1+ Type: Proven track record for sales & customer service or call center experience; Bilingual with Spanish
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: NMLS eligible Specialty Area (if applicable):
Preferred: FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses and NYS Life, Accident & Health licenses
1. Strong sales orientation and customer focused
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
3. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
4. Basic math skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
5. Experience with Windows-based PC s with the ability to learn new and existing banking software
6. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
7. Reliable in fulfilling hours scheduled and consistently punctual
1. Ability to work rotational weekend schedule
2. Ability to travel frequently between Rochester Branch locations
3. Able to regularly sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
4. Extensive computer usage is required
5. Moderate to extensive phone usage is required
6. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human