Channel Sales Engineer 8/23/2016
Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The CHANNEL SALES ENGINEER (SE) will provide technical sales and training support for the Channel Sales Team. The SE is a technical expert resource to field/inside sales, customers, reseller partners, and distributors of CyberPower's products for the IT industry. The SE is a professional services engineer who works with key channel partners and customers nationwide to make recommendations for pre sales designs and post sales deployments. The SE also assists in providing training as needed to the internal pre sales engineers. Ultimately, the SE serves as a consultant and is viewed as an expert in his/her field by the account team and customers.
Founded in 1997, Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc., is a dynamic, driven and growing global power protection and power distribution company. Leading with engineering innovation, CyberPower designs and manufactures high quality products in wholly-owned state-of-the-art facilities. CyberPower sells to IT, telecommunication, consumer electronics and government/education customers through Distribution, Retail, Etail and VARs channels. Focused on a mission to deliver the highest quality products and customer value in the power protection industry, CyberPower is committed to providing complete satisfaction to their customers. Located in Shakopee, MN, CyberPower is interested in individuals who are enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated to being part of a team that continuously sets the standard for innovation in the power protection market.
* The SE has specific goals tied to helping sales achieve revenue and response goals, established by management, by providing technical sales support (internal and via customer visits pre and post sales technical guidance, and training CyberPower sales partners).
* Establish and maintain a relationship with present and potential customers by effectively employing professional skills with regard to the art of salesmanship, application definition, product knowledge, knowledge of customer's business, and knowledge of CyberPower's product lines for sales growth.
* Assist sales on calls with IT decision makers, VARs, System Integrators, business managers and directors. Effectively represent CyberPower products and solutions in the market from a technical and features position. Assist sales in identifying opportunities for expanding the business through additional options and complimentary products.
* Utilize provided market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits to assist sales with offering an alternative CyberPower solution to competitor products.
* Develop and manage all aspects of technical training including directing the Learning Management System and CyberPower's channel training program, with assistance from Product Management and Marketing, consisting of videos produced about products, customer training sessions, and reseller certification programs to sell and service select CyberPower products.
* Responsible for maintaining, editing and creating all training materials.
* Provide technical product presentations. Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audiences for pre- and post-sales meetings.
* Work with Sales and Product Management teams to manage and create technical responses to quotes, RFQs, Bids, RFIs, and RFPs.
* Work with Product Management and Channel Marketing as a subject matter expert. Provide input for technical content to be used in collateral, proposals, case studies, white papers, and training content.
* Provide customer insight to Product Management for new product development and suggestions for product improvements
* Lead the project management for assigned tasks as needed. Be able to create SOW and project plans as assigned by manager.
* Knowledgeable about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends by keeping up with industry publications, leveraging training opportunities, and insight from product management and engineering.
* Participate in continuous improvement programs.
* Some travel to visit customers with Sales team to develop and maintain strong customer relationships and trade show support as required. Travel anticipated at less than 30%.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Business (Sales and Marketing) or Technical degree from an accredited institution and/or a combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 3 years of work experience in a technical sales or supporting role in the IT industry.
* Outstanding interpersonal verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences.
* Strong problem solving skills with the ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs.
* Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
* Strong team player that actively contributes to the group's success.
* Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload.
* Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs.
* Experience in responding to bids, RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs.
* Demonstrated understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors.
* Ability to adapt to changing goals based on customer demands and market conditions while working with Development and Sales teams.
* Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales.
* Capable of creatively developing new processes to drive efficiency.
* Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results.
* Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Internet.
* Must be able to travel 15-30%.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively with contacts in other countries and cultures.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* Experience in technology sales working within the VAR channel.
* Knowledge of competitor systems and designs helpful.
* Knowledge of network protocols (SNMP, TCP/IP, etc.).
* Power products (UPS, PDU, Surge Protection) experience.
* Single-phase and 3-phase power systems experience.
* Ability to learn new technologies very quickly, teaching others, and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the market and the latest technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and benefits (Medical, PTO, 401(k), Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.).