Channel Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
As a Channel Sales Representative, you are responsible for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services through Channel Partners and directly to customers in Enterprise Organizations in an assigned geographic area. Your ability to penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned accounts, and develop new accounts is essential to you being successful in this role. Cross-functional teams from NetApp's Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
The essential responsibilities of the Channel Sales Representatives are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees. Your focus is on several identified channel partners and new Enterprise clients.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned partner account; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner account; develop new direct selling opportunities.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization. NetApp Channel Partner Representatives may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with existing accounts or new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Provide mentorship and support to more junior Channel Sales Representatives.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and NetApp data management storage solutions.
- Experience using contact management software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
Full time / Part time
USA - Georgia - Atlanta
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.