Chaplain - Inpatient
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe schedule for this position is night shift 5pm to 8am for 1 to 2, sometimes 3 shifts during the week, and 1 full weekend a month. A sleep room is provided and required for staff to use, so that we can respond to patient needs and be in the room in 15 minutes. We are supporting level II trauma and critical care patients.
The PDM Chaplain assesses and, to the degree possible, meets the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, residents, family members, physicians, associates and volunteers.
Partners with other professionals on the care team to provide a multidisciplinary approach to care and care planning, with focused contributions to spiritual assessment, interventions and support.
Offers supportive presence.
We look forward to reading your application.
If you are selected we will contact you by email for an interview.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: www.goodsamaritancolorado.org/ This position is responsible for providing emotional and spiritual support in pastoral care to patients, their families and hospital staff.
* Responsible for assessing and attending to the spiritual needs of patients, their families, and employees, particularly in times of spiritual distress brought on by life threatening or life altering medical diagnoses and procedures.
* Serves the patient and family by assisting in resolution of bioethical concerns, and may be asked to assist in matters such as securing family permission for organ transplantation, or providing a religious perspective on withdrawing life support systems.
* As a service to the hospital staff, spiritual counseling and support is offered through group work, religious services, hospital celebrations, and other methods.
* Represents the hospital to the broader religious community and the surrounding areas.
* Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Hours are Sun through Sat nights 5p-8am, cover weekends and some holidays.
Cover day shifts in week as needed for regular chaplains.
Provide non-denominational worship Sun.
* 4 units of CPE, required
* Masters of Divinity degree in Theology or equivalent, required
* Possesses theological and psychological training and religious background so as to relate effectively with a wide variety of individuals with various educational, social, economic, and vocational backgrounds, required
* Certified Chaplain and Fellow of the College of Chaplains, preferred, and required in 2 years
* 3 years year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
* 1 year of Palliative Care and/or Hospice Training and Experience, preferred
Experience in bereavement or other related fields.
Skills in assessing and responding to critical health care incidents.
Assessments, Worship, and Teaching skills.
This position involves walking and standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
The chaplain will work with computer, pager, phone, copier, printer, fax
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.