Chaplain Resident 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
SUMMARY To provide spiritual care to meet the spiritual, religious, emotional, and psychological needs of patients, families, and hospital employees; to assist in the planning and implementation of department services and functions in conjunction with other department members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides spiritual screening and assessment on patients, family members, and staff.
2. Cooperates with staff chaplains to provide spiritual care to patients, families, and staff on assigned clinical units and on call.
3. Cooperates with other health care professionals in the patient rounds, discharge planning, support groups, sacred story groups, and other multi-disciplinary teams. Assists in the identification of the needs of patients and the development of patient care plans.
4. Provides crisis intervention for patients, families, and health care staff with at10tion to spiritual needs.
5. Responds to all referrals for spiritual care relative to the assigned clinical units and on call requests.
6. Participates in the rotation for 12-hour on call; delegates or responds to all referrals and requests when on call.
7. Participates fully in the Clinical Pastoral Education Residency program.
8. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement.
9. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from, or enrollment in, an accredited college or equivalent M.Div. from an accredited seminary preferred
Several years of involvement in ministry as a religious professional or active layperson. 1 previous unit of CPE from an accredited center.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Affiliation with a recognized Faith Group.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Goal of advanced pastoral care ability in the clinical setting.
2. Above average interpersonal skills and conversational English.
3. Demonstrated ability to make use of the clinical method of learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.