Charge Nurse (RN)-Medical/Oncology, FT Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01512-16518
Nights (rotating weekends)
DEL SOL MEDICAL CENTER is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under the general supervision of the unit's Director or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for the direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the Charge Nurse is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit. Also collaborates with the Director regarding budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
1. Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
2. Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff. Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shifts.
3. Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit. Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit based on Nursing and Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
4. Customer Service - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
5. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
ACLS certification (within 6 months of employment and if required within the department for the specific patient population)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum of one (1) year of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit (experience may be substituted for an area of similar patient types)
Leadership and management experience is highly desirable.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/08/2016