Charge Nurse (RN)-Medical/Surgical, FT Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01512-16372
Nights (rotating weekends)
DEL SOL MEDICAL CENTER is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under the general supervision of the unit's Director or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for the direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the Charge Nurse is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit. The Charge Nurse also collaborates with the Director regarding budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
1. CLINICAL ROLE MODEL - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
2. LEADERSHIP - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff. Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shifts.
3. ADMINISTRATIVE - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit. Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit based on Nursing and Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
4. CUSTOMER SERVICE - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP/PRACTICES PROFESSIONALISM: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance, opportunities for personal growth and ability to change. In collaboration with the Director, hires new team members for the unit and evaluates personnel performance.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers. Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs and practices.
3. HOSPITAL/DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes and safety of patient care, and employee rights and responsibilities. Conducts disciplinary action as necessary within the unit.
4. PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities within the departmental level.
5. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
6. COMMUNICATION: Directs team members through interaction, assistance and demonstration.
7. JOB SPECIFIC: CHARGE NURSE
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
ACLS certification (within 6 months of employment and if required within the department for the specific patient population). Additional certifications or validation of education will be required based upon the department's patient population needs (such as PALS, NRP, TNCC, STABLE, FHM, and national nursing certifications, etc).
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum of one (1) year of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit (experience may be substituted for an area of similar patient types).
Leadership and management experience is highly desirable.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 08/12/2016