Charge Nurse / Shift Specialty Coordinator - RN - Ortho
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you ready to enter into Nursing Leadership? Our Charge positions which are actually called Shift Specialty Coordinators (SSC) are your first step into the leadership track at Saint Joseph Hospitals.
Our 34 bed Ortho unit is looking for a dynamic RN who is ready to move forward in his/her career. Apply today!! Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Our Charge RN position which is also called the Shift Specialty Coordinator (SSC) has responsibility for the management of patient care provided by department personnel. The incumbent assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of the departmental patients in order to ensure that patients and families receive an optimum level of care.
* Provide clinical support and act as a resource to nursing staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
* Ensure continuity of appropriate patient care by planning staff assignments, providing direct patient care, and evaluating outcome of patient care.
* Promote positive public relations and act as a liaison with patients, physicians, significant others, visitors and staff in ancillary departments.
* Participate in performance improvement activities.
* Participate in the selection, training, development and evaluation of subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resources policies and organization philosophy.
* Contribute to the development of nursing staff by identifying learning needs and assisting in meeting these needs.
* Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity.
* Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
* BSN required within 5 years of employment.
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
* Three years of RN experience in an acute, hospital setting, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required