Charge Nurse (RN)-Rehab, FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01512-16523
Days (rotating weekends)
DEL SOL MEDICAL CENTER is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The purpose of the Charge Nurse position is to assist the Nurse Director in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit. Provides feedback to the Nurse Director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
1. Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills, rehabilitation nursing skills, and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
2. Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
3. Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
4. Customer Service - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
5. Successfully passes an annual Functional Independence Measure credentialing examination with a score above 80%.
6. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state
CRRN within 2 years of employment
CRRN within 2 years of employment on the unit
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Attainment of CRRN or within two years working on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit the nurse will take and pass the Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse examination.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Uses the FIM instrument to assess patient functional level of independence throughout the rehabilitation program.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Last Edited: 09/12/2016