Charge Nurse - Shift Specialty Coordinator - ICU
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
This position has responsibility for the management of patient care provided by department personnel. The incumbent assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of the departmental patients in order to ensure that patients and families receive an optimum level of care.
* Provide clinical support and act as a resource to nursing staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
* Ensure continuity of appropriate patient care by planning staff assignments, providing direct patient care, and evaluating outcome of patient care.
* Promote positive public relations and act as a liaison with patients, physicians, significant others, visitors and staff in ancillary departments.
* Participate in performance improvement activities.
* Participate in the selection, training, development and evaluation of subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resources policies and organization philosophy.
* Contribute to the development of nursing staff by identifying learning needs and assisting in meeting these needs.
* Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity.
* Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of hire, required
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in Colorado or compact state, required
* BLS and ACLS required
* Three years of experience as an ICU RN
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required