Charge RN Free Standing ED / FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01512-16486
Days (rotating weekends)
DEL SOL MEDICAL CENTER is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The purpose of the Charge Nurse position is to assist the Nurse Manager in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit. Provides feedback to the Nurse Manager regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvements.
1. Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates and advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
2. Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
3. Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
4. Customer Service - Demonstrates awareness for his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
5. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas, BCLS certified, NLN Medication Exam,
ACLS, PALS, NRP as age appropriate required within one year of employment or transfer to the department. Certification must be renewed no later than 30 days following expiration.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Acute care experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family internal and external partners needs.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 08/31/2016