Chassis Validation Engineer 82517
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTALASCEND IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A LEAD ENGINEER FOR AN OPPORTUNITY WITH OUR CLIENT IN WARREN, MI.
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for Chassis Driveline Validation includes the following components: Transfer Case, Power Transfer Unit, Prop Shaft, Half Shaft, Front Drive Module, and Rear Drive Module.
* Develop, monitor and confirm completion of AVDP&R Plans and test schedules
* Support Quality Processes
* Capture and Submit Lessons Learned
* Support ADV process to reduce Hardware and to realize RLM (Road- Lab-Math) strategy
* Manage Export validation activities in foreign countries with local partners
* Support Vehicle Validation
* Coordinate work with internal and external customers and suppliers
* Participate in Problem Solving Teams
* Participate in DFMEA work groups
* Create and Manage Vehicle and/or Commodity ADV Sub plans
* Review Program/Process Results with program team/leadership as required and at program milestones
* Analyzes and interprets resulting data from tests (determines data anomalies)
* Maintains frequent communication with customers
* Frequent contact with others outside of work group
* Create MVSS documentation as required
* Basic automotive knowledge, basic engineering principals
* Basic computer skills, Microsoft office software
* Test or validation experience
* Driveline Design or Release experience
* Automotive chassis experience - design, development, test and/or validation.
* Automotive supplier experience
* ContractEngineer experience
* Familiar with CAE
* Familiar with Manufacturing processes
* Experience working with automotive suppliers or external organizations
* Knowledge of GM organization structure (who does what), GM validation process, basic GM design process, Vehicle Physical Partition Structure
* Ability to work in PQMS, PRTS, Vis Mock up, E-squared, GSTS, DFSS Green Belt
* BS in Engineering with 5 years related work experience, or equivalent work experience required
* Advance Degree in Technical field