Cheese Procurement Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
* Lead the cheese procurement team in sourcing bulk
cheeses, cut and wrapped cheeses and retail packed
* Develop and implement strategic procurement plans
for risk mitigation, improved long-term competitive
positioning and minimizing exposure to escalation of
* Direct major contract negotiations including terms
and conditions with critical suppliers/converters to
secure goods and services at competitive prices.
* Develop strategies to analyze and manage vendor
performance, minimize costs and maximize product
* Work closely with sales, operations, finance,
quality, supply chain and other departments to bring
new products to market.
* Take ownership or our vendor quality and food safety
performance by working closely with the vendor
quality group to ensure suppliers adhere to Saputo
food safety and quality expectations.
* Develop and implement annual purchasing plan with
measurable cost and quality objectives.
* Track and manage supplier metrics including service
and quality expectations as well as focus on cost
savings and adding value to the businesses.
* Work closely vendors/suppliers to ensure adherence
to Saputo policies and compliance with government
* Develop Requests for Information (RFI) with
potential vendors. Develop Request for Proposals
(RFP) and Requests for Quotes (RFQ), assess results,
document recommendations and communicate results to
* Create Best in Class vendor relationships (Audit
* Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as
assigned, including project work.
* Values that align with Saputo s culture.
* Eight or more years of progressive experience in
purchasing, dairy/food preferred.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance or related
field or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated ability to write and negotiate
* Excellent analytical, organizational and negotiating
* Exhibit the professionalism, self-initiative,
enthusiasm, and work ethic.
* Effective skills in financial, market and vendor
analysis. Must provide real life examples of
* Proven ability to define and create total cost of
* Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel &
* Detail oriented, organized, efficient, approachable,
friendly, customer service oriented.
* Professional, maintains confidentiality, energetic,
team player, creative with initiative.
* Strong communication ability (i.e. verbal &
* 25% overnight travel required