Chef de Cuisine - Hospital Hill (Varied Hours)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Directs and prepares food and assists in planning menus in accordance with the departmental culinary standards. Serves in a supervisory capacity, interacts and successfully builds a strong customer base by delivering outstanding food with world class service. Works with staff to insure that quality, sanitation, regulatory and culinary product consistency are being maintained in accordance with department guidelines.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Successful completion of formal culinary training
3. Ability to pass a basic Culinary Exam as outlined by the ACF.
4. Ability to perform a Culinary Practicum as outlined by the ACF.
5. Presents a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
6. Ability to establish and maintain a positive rapport with customers and staff.
7. Ability to take direction and follow instruction yet be self-motivated and able to work independently.
8. Uses sound judgement when approaching problems, takes initiative in solving problems, and pays attention to detail.
9. Considerable ability to be tactful and courteous. Maintain upbeat attitude to successfully engage customers during special events and demonstration cooking sessions.
2 years experience as a Chef.