Chef de Cuisine Mari Los Angeles at InterContinental Hotel Century City at Beverly Hills
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
* Do you see yourself as a
* Chef de Cuisine
* ? What's your passion? Whether you're into chess, piano music or flying kites, at IHG we're interested in YOU\. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies \- people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do\. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team\.*
* _Ideally located on Avenue of the Stars in Century City, the_
* _InterContinental Los Angeles Hotel is just minutes away from Beverly Hills and close to LAX airport, Santa Monica and Hollywood\. Our property offers 364 elegant guest rooms, including 150 spacious suites, all with private balconies and inspiring panoramic views of the ocean or the Hollywood Hills\. Dedicated to providing guests with exceptional service, the InterContinental Los Angeles evokes a unique combination of understated elegance and modern luxury\._
* In this role you will manage the day\-to\-day operations and assignments of the kitchen staff, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work and ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions\. This includes supervisingthe preparation and presentation of all menu items in accordance with established recipes and standards and assisting in the planning of meals and menus for the restaurant and catered events within brand or local menu guidelines\. You will maintain procedures to \(1\) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory, and equipment, \(2\) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc\. in a timely and efficient manner, and \(3\) to minimize waste and pilferage\. This function is responsible to ensure that kitchen equipment is in proper operational condition and cleaned on a regular basis while ensuring the kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health department requirements\. You will assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events and may occasionally prepare meals and/or set up and replenish buffets to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel's food and beverage facilities\. You may serve as Manager on Duty or perform other duties as assigned\.*
* Qualifications include completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts, or an equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience\. An Alcohol Awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards is needed, as required by local or state government agency\. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays\. This job requires ability to perform the following:
carrying or lifting items up to 50 pounds, moving about the kitchen, handling food, objects, products and utensils, bending, stooping and kneeling\. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan\. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people\. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself\. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG\. IHG is an equal opportunity employer:
Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans\.*
* _CA\-Los Angeles_*
* Requisition ID:
* _R123749_ .