Chemical Imaging Research Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
At Agilent's California Research Center we design breakthrough technologies for molecular and atomic spectroscopy. We are searching for a broadly capable, creative researcher to join us in inventing novel instruments and algorithms for chemical imaging.
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry, Physics, or related field
- 4+ years of research experience focused on the design, assembly, and debugging of cutting-edge optical instrumentation for chemical analysis
- Solid experience in data analysis and algorithm development
- Track record of novel research demonstrated through publications or patents
- Superb analytical skills and decision-making ability
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills with capacity to excel in a multidisciplinary, international group
- Expertise in analytical chemistry and vibrational spectroscopy
- Experience with microscopy and image analysis
- Familiarity with chemometric algorithms and their mathematical foundations
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.