This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Contribute. Grow. Lead with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Operations Technician with our Calcium Chloride plant located in Ludington, Michigan.
Essential Job Duties:
* Operate product loading equipment and weigh rail cars for the site.
* Operate equipment such as centrifugal pumps, manual and automatic valves, elevators, and various other pieces of process equipment.
* Proficient operation of the Mod V Process Control system an/or other plant control processes.
* Perform department and maintenance support as needed.
* Document, communicate shift activities through electronic log book.
* Troubleshoot plant problems and arrange for maintenance work to be performed as needed.
* Learn, follow, and occasionally create and update applicable procedures to ensure that all jobs are completed in a safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner.
* Perform in-process lab analysis such as sieve analysis, percent calcium, bulk density, SPC plotting, etc. Collect, label, deliver, and store samples.
* Evaluate raw material inventories and site logistics shipment planning and be involved in the ordering, receiving, Certificate of Analysis, and computer input of these receipts and shipments.
* Lock, Tag and Try (LTT) of equipment, issue Safe Work Permits (SWP), equipment isolations and preparing for line openings, Return to Operations (RTO) and issuing of other site permits.
* Perform simple tasks like changing small valves, fixing hoses, change gaskets, etc..
* Responsible for knowledge and use of all area and job specific safety equipment.
* Actively support plant and corporate HESS safety programs, objectives, and expectations.
* Follow the Ludington Guiding Principles.
* Actively support and participate on teams or in programs to continuously improve plant operations.
* Must be able to work with others in a self-directed workforce environment. Teamwork is an essential competency.
* Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, and stooping are required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
* High School diploma or GED
* Associate s Degree in a science, technology, or related discipline, or at least two years industrial work experience in a technology driven manufacturing environment.
* Proficiency in math, reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work a rotating shift, weekends, holidays, overtime, and respond to callouts.
* Ability and willingness to serve as member of Emergency Response Team.
* Ability to read, write and speak in English.
* Proficient in Microsoft applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
* Must possess valid driver s license.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Good working knowledge of SAP
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status