Chemical Operator (12 hour night shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCHEMICAL OPERATOR
(Full time 12 Hour Shifts - 6pm thru 6:30am)
Alcami Corporation is a leading provider of services that encompass the entire process of pharmaceutical drug development from discovery through commercialization. We specialize in analytical chemistry, formulation development, clinical packaging, oral drug delivery and contract manufacturing. The company has experienced significant growth and we have continued to attract the most highly skilled professionals in the industry.
With nearly 800 employees operating out of seven sites in the US and Europe, our combined capabilities of API development and manufacturing are worldly recognized. Come join our team!
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami Crporation is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreational attractions in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
We are seeking Chemical Operators to join our growing team! Our Chemical Operators operate process equipment, reactors and other manufacturing equipment. We have multiple openings at our Germantown, Wisconsin facility. The Chemical Operators work a 12-hour evening shift from 6pm - 6:30 am, three to four days each week.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
Our Chemical Operators operate process equipment, reactors and other manufacturing equipment within a production plant. Responsibilities include:
* Use of a documentation and record keeping system for mixing batches
* Manage inventory and record all chemical/product handling procedures to capture information accurately.
* Follow good manufacturing practices (GMP) and chemical hygiene practices to maintain a clean, neat and safe work environment.
* Operating process equipment and utilities safely and accurately.
* Complete weekly safety inspections of equipment (i.e. air packs, safety showers, sprinkler systems and emergency lights).
* Demonstrate a basic understanding of a reactor system within a production unit, including other equipment such as storage tanks, waste tanks, vacuum units, and scrubber systems.
* Use Allen-Bradley Control Systems to control process operations and demonstrate an ability to identify equipment faults.
We require a high school diploma or equivalent, along with previous experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a science related field and applicants with mechanical aptitude are preferred. We require a basic understanding of reactor systems within a production unit including ancillary equipment such as storage tanks, waste tanks, vacuum units and scrubber systems.
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Alcami Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.