Chemical Process Engineer
JOHNSON CONTROLS IS A GLOBAL DIVERSIFIED TECHNOLOGY AND MULTI INDUSTRIAL LEADER SERVING A WIDE RANGE OF CUSTOMERS IN MORE THAN 150 COUNTRIES. OUR 117,000 EMPLOYEES CREATE INTELLIGENT BUILDINGS, EFFICIENT ENERGY SOLUTIONS, INTEGRATED INFRASTRUCTURE AND NEXT GENERATION TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS THAT WORK SEAMLESSLY TOGETHER TO DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES. OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY DATES BACK TO OUR ROOTS IN 1885, WITH THE INVENTION OF THE FIRST ELECTRIC ROOM THERMOSTAT. WE ARE COMMITTED TO HELPING OUR CUSTOMERS WIN AND CREATING GREATER VALUE FOR ALL OF OUR STAKEHOLDERS THROUGH STRATEGIC FOCUS ON OUR BUILDINGS AND ENERGY GROWTH PLATFORMS. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT WWW.JOHNSONCONTROLS.COM OR FOLLOW US @JOHNSONCONTROLS ON TWITTER.
Johnson Controls is currently recruiting a Chemical Process Engineer to work at our Marinette, Wisconsin plant.
* Maintains and improves existing equipment by working with maintenance, supervision and material control. Assists maintenance in trouble shooting breakdowns and scheduling preventative maintenance.
* Improves existing manufacturing processes to increase safety, quality, delivery and cost.
* Conceives, investigates, evaluates and recommends new equipment and tooling.
* Writes capital expenditure requests, equipment performance specifications, action plans, responsibility lists, weekly project reports, work instructions, test procedures and other documentation to support factory operations. Provides cost analysis, process flow diagrams, site layouts and technical briefs.
* Manages and/or participants in Health, Safety, Environmental, Production, Material Control, 6 Sigma and R&D project teams.
* Advocates and is a role model for Tycos core values of Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence and Integrity
* Day to day process engineering responsibilities for the dry chemical plant and AFFF foam blending operations. Including but limited to troubling equipment, resolving quality issues and maintaining records.
* Project management of capital investment projects to improve safety, quality, and delivery cost. Working with R&D, purchasing and other Tyco facilities to develop new formulas, revising existing formula and methods for blending chemicals.
* Bachelor Degree Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Controls Engineer or Electrical Engineer.
* 5 years of experience in manufacturing operations.
Hands on experience trouble shooting and /or designing any of the following:
*Pumping, piping systems, weighting, storing containers & filling equipment for liquids.
*Grinding, weighting, blending, transporting, storing & filling powder chemicals.
*Dust control, ventilation and bag houses.
* Highly developed mechanical aptitude.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Capital project management and equipment installation.
* Root Cause Analysis techniques and Six Sigma methodologies.
* AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
* Organization and project team leadership.