Chemical Sales Representative 9/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Developing effective pricing strategies based on market intelligence and customer assessment is a key component as is documenting customer interactions in a Customer Relationship Management software.
The accomplished sales representative works collaboratively with colleagues at all levels to ensure client satisfaction.
* Service, retain and grow existing customer base and develop new markets/industries.
* Prospect to generate qualified leads turning them into customers for territory growth.
* Maintain customer/prospect relationships via personal visits, email, phone correspondence, and other manners of contact such as professional organizations, social media sites etc.
* Consistently meet or exceed established sales and profit goals.
* Establish and maintain viable customer prices based on costs, market trends and account specific knowledge.
* Document customer interactions in the Customer Relationship Management software.
* Collaborate effectively with other departments to ensure account satisfaction.
* Monitor marketplace and competition by collecting various product, pricing and usage information.
* Report progress, metrics and analyses to management on sales and other activities at regular intervals.
* Develop and maintain high level proficiency in navigating and using all company software.
* Communicate effectively using all tools of information technology.
* Attend and actively participate in all required meetings.
* Occasional overnight trips for customer visits (not applicable to all territories) or other business-related travel. *
Follow all company Standard Operating Procedures
* Other duties as required or needed by management. Education a business management degree; or equivalent. Experience
* Proven, successful track record of 3-4 years sales experience.
* Strong technical credentials or industry specific knowledge is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
Ability to work collaboratively, communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues at all levels.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external associates at all levels.
* Knowledge, and effective use, of time management.
* Aptitude for details and organizationally competent.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and in a timely manner.
* Capacity to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.
* High competency level in all forms of computer literacy including, but not limited to, email use, word processing, spreadsheet creation and manipulation, internet navigation, server access, database use etc.
* Capacity to learn internal software at levels that ensure successful and quick execution of all job tasks.
* Ability to touch type (10-finger typing) a minimum of 40 WPM strongly recommended. Other
* Self-affirming and comfortable in a small, conservative, family operated business.
* Intrinsically motivated.
* Extroverted. Assertive. Ambitious.
* Proven dependability, punctuality and work ethic.
* Takes an active interest in meeting the needs of the business.