Chemist-Hair Care Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDISCOVER AND INVENT WITH L OREAL RESEARCH & INNOVATION- AMERICAS
At L Or al, beauty is above all a scientific adventure.
Our Research and Innovation teams constitute a multicultural community of 60 nationalities that includes over 30 specializations across every branch of science and this trend is set to grow in the future.
We are searching for talented and creative Chemists & Scientists to help us disrupt the beauty industry in our state of the art Research and Innovation campus in Clark, NJ.
With your passion, drive and curiosity, you can be at the forefront of cosmetics research and innovation, impact consumers on a global level and be part of a company that is THE expert in skincare and haircare worldwide!
Chemist-Hair Care Development, Clark, NJ
As a Chemist you are responsible for the creative and technical aspects of product development for Hair Care products. You ll have your pulse on the latest scientific literature, raw materials technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends to perform innovative product development assignments in our fast paced and dynamic Labs while overseeing a safe and orderly environment.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Independently complete product development projects from inception to officialization to meet launch deadlines, with support from supervisor as needed. Investigate/research problems/issues.
* Develop and refine formulas; perform product stability on all formulas and resolve stability issues.
* Monitor the quality and conformity of formulas.
* May handle multiple basic projects simultaneously.
* Identify raw materials and technologies suitable for product development.
* Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing.
* May interface with technical support groups including marketing, analytical, demi-grand and manufacturing.
* Report to Sr. Chemist II, Group Leader or Manager
* Intermediate knowledge in relevant scientific and technical field/m tier
* Knowledge of product innovation and development processes
* Intermediate communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
* Basic formulation, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
* Intermediate of applicable IT and R&I laboratory systems
BS degree in science required plus 2+ years experience preferably in cosmetics/consumer product industry. Master s degree preferred.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US on a long-term basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.