This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
North Little Rock, AR
To perform testing, analysis and disposition of raw materials, bulk formulas, work in process (WIP) and finished goods in support of production and release of cosmetic products.
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
* Bachelor Science degree in Chemistry or equivalent;
* Must have computer skills and proficiency in Excel and Word;
* Basic mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistics are essential in completing the job requirements of this position;
* Strong English verbal and written skills;
General Job Duties
Responsibilities are not limited to the below listing;
* Supports the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the quality control of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
* Works with Process Expert and UP, as necessary;
* Perform quality control testing according to the L Oreal DGO methods;
* Responsible for quality control testing and release of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
* Responsible for safe practices in the laboratory;
* Responsible for taking part in SHAP assessments;
* Issues notification on non-conforming lots;
* Responsible for verification of lab equipment;
* Responsible for investigation on out of specification results;
* Capable of trouble-shooting equipment related issues;
* Interacts closely with processing/production on daily production needs;
* Knowledgeable and understand how to carry out testing on instrumentation;
* Understand the urgency of the business, and is able to serve the UP in a timely manner;
* Complete paperwork and computer work;
* Perform other duties as directed.
* Good knowledge of GMP/ISO requirements.
* Actively engaged in safety programs (MESURE, ISO, etc.)
* Perform routine audits to ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/DGO regulations.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
* Viscometer, pH meter, centrifuge, Karl Fischer Instrument, microwave, and specific gravity test, HPLCs, UV Visible Spectrophotometer, AA, XRF, and other relevant equipment as needed.
* Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
* Some tests may require ability to apply certain levels of pressure with the hands;
* Some procedures require safe work with hazardous materials;
* Employees are required to wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, L Oreal provided smocks. There is certain equipment that requires additional PPE.
* Demonstrated Manufacturing experience
* Be self motivated and work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
* Have the ability to manage team and to work well in a cross-functional team;
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and build positive work relationships with all levels of the company;
* Have strong organizational skills;
* Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
* Have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
* Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
* Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
* Must produce World Class Results through teamwork;
* Must selflessly develop others;
* Must thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment;
* Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L Oreal USA customers;
* Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive;
* Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
* Must manage the plant s assets to maximize our stockholders return;
* Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame;
* Must implement and utilize the NLR L Oreal USA communication model;
* Resolve conflicts directly;
* Must listen for understanding;
* Must have a positive attitude;
* Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.