This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFounded by a chemist in 1909, L Or al leads the world of beauty with 32 global renowned brands such as Maybelline, Lanc me, Ralph Lauren, Matrix, Redken, Skinceuticals, Essie, Kiehl s, YSL, and Clairsonic. With $794 million (Euros) invested in Research in 2015 and present in 130 countries, over 497 registered patents in 2015, 23 research centers, 16 product performance centers, 130 molecules discovered, L Or al is an innovation and financial powerhouse. To continue to reach even greater heights, we are looking for exceptional Scientists to join us. Our Research and Innovation team pushes the boundaries of science to invent and perfect innovative, high performance cosmetic products to meet the diverse needs of men and women all over the world.
As a Chemist in the Makup Lab, you will be responsible for the creative and technical aspects of the foundation product development category. Keep your pulse on scientific literature, raw materials technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Oversee a safe and orderly laboratory environment. Contribute to R&D projects from beginning to end and Troubleshoot product development challenges with your creativity and technical skills.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Formulate and develop innovative face products utilizing new technology and cutting edge raw materials.
2. Heavy involvement in launch projects from marketing concept to pilot and production.
3. Show creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues which may arise during the development process and/or in anticipation to issues which may come up in pilot plant or manufacturing.
4. Retrieve safety approvals, Right to Market, codes new raw materials, and issues Ingredient Listings.
3. Perform product stability on all formulas as well as rectify stability issues.
4. Meet deadlines and interact with various groups within R&D.
5. Follow through on all aspects of projects from inception to officialization.
6. Interface with technical support groups including marketing, Micro, Safety, Demi-grand, and manufacturing.
7. Maintain technical awareness of developments within field of responsibility.
8. Communicate development challenges to management on a timely basis, while offering alternative solutions.
9. Keep accurate and precise records.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related field. Master s Degree a plus
* Bachelors in Chemistry, Biology or related field of Science and 3-8 years or Master s Degree with 1-5 years related work experience.
* 3+ Years of progressive laboratory experience including internship or college lab work experience
* Excellent communication (verbal, written), interpersonal, and computer skills
* Good problem solving and decision making skills.
* Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. on a long-term basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.