Chicago Broker Associate - Campus (Recruiting Only)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Chicago Broker Associate - Campus (Recruiting Only)
Auto Req ID
***This position will not be filled until June 2017
This team based position requires a desire for success in sales with new prospects and ability to handle complex conversations with owners, C-Suite, and high level corporate real estate decision makers. Clients and prospects include local companies with single and multiple locations as well as global corporations with many diverse geographic locations. A working knowledge of any major vertical industry will be very helpful. This position will report directly to the Senior Brokerage Team Leaders and in addition to sales, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of the evaluation, negotiation, and successful delivery of real estate services. A successful candidate must be articulate, detail oriented, posses strong organizational skills and be a team player.
New Business Development
* Participate in cold-calling program with the brokerage team.
* Convert call to meetings and new business wins.
* Participate in client meetings and new business presentations, as required.
* Participate in property tours, as required.
* Contact and meet regularly with other real estate professionals including developers, appraisers, landlords and brokers.
* Work with senior brokers to develop follow-up materials for clients (e.g., lease comparisons, market overviews, prospect or client presentations, coordinate information with other departments and brokers as needed).
* Provide clients with industry and market specific information as it relates to their business and maintain contact information on prospects.
* Work with senior brokers on new business proposals, prepare available property summary books and create new business presentations.
* Maintain and update the Brokerage Team s market research database (ACT or similar project tracking database) and activities with JLL s CRM system (Spider).
* Effectively utilize all internal JLL support groups and internal JLL databases to support business.
Client Transaction Process
* Review and analyze client s quantitative office location data, legal documents and other materials as part of project due diligence process.
* Work with research and other team members to compile market information and statistics on the local commercial real estate market. Conducting research and collect information and assemble materials on market fundamentals, ownership, tenants, and economic analysis.
* Conduct research at a designated level to support presentation materials, publications, reports and deliverables to the brokerage team. Assist brokerage professionals through the completion of market surveys, data analysis and other deliverables.
* Work with sophisticated Excel-based analytical tools including macro-enabled financial models and financial analysis with supervision, including cash flow projections, valuation models, and sensitivity analysis.
* Contribute to designated local market research requests: market snapshots, market overviews, quarterly market decks, topic specific research to support pitches and brokerage opportunities.
* Participate in Brokerage Team meetings and weekly sales meetings to update colleagues on leasing activity, market information, new business generating efforts, prospects and market knowledge and trends.
* Demonstrable success in high level sales production.
* Prefer a Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate and excellent academic credentials preferred.
* 1-3 years of work experience in Real Estate brokerage.
* Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced work environment.
* Strong computer orientation and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners.
* Multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
* Understanding of real estate fundamentals.
* Real Estate Illinois Broker s License required.
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment:
* Positive, professional attitude
* Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
* Professionalism at all times
* Work independently with an ability to work collaboratively with others
* Proactive and take initiative
* Maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the