Chief Architect 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The primary roles of the Chief SoftwareArchitect are to provide hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring to companies software development and design teams, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to the VP Software Development, and ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust, and scalable solutions. This person will be a thought-leader, with real-world business common sense, and the ability to collaborate across functions. The ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills, and experience guiding software and qualityengineers in the implementation of quality solutions.
* Define a robust architecture for building new applications and releases, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks, or creating new reusable component.
* Manage and lead the software design team.
* Provide technical leadership to the development team.
* Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology.
* Be an evangelist and strong communicator of the architectural blueprints of our product to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit our customers' needs.
* Be responsive and decisive on adjusting our product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technologies evolve.
* Partner with others inside and outside the software development organization to gather all requirements to formulate the appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate, and when to compromise, to arrive at a mutually-acceptable solution.
* Work with the development team to translate the softwarearchitecture into design.
* Actively participate in the development process, as needed.
* Work closely with product management, software development, quality assurance, sales, and the executive leadership team.
Comfortable communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers.
Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes.
Track record that includes the design and release of high-quality, high-performance enterprise software products / applications.
Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests in a complex and fast-paced environment; Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong leadership skills and experience successfully managing teams.
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products.
Minimum 3 years in an architect role in previous large-scale software development projects, preferably SaaS delivery model.
Mobile experience a must.