Chief Construction Inspector/Resident Engineer 9/17/2016
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VHB is seeking a highly qualified Chief Construction Inspector/Resident Engineer to join our Connecticut office to become an integral part of our Transportation team while working on high-visibility projects.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Oversight of active construction site
- Providing assurance that the project has been constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Review of pay requisitions from contractors and complying with budget standards
- Providing recommendations concerning construction issues
- Preparation of Construction Change Orders and meeting minutes/correspondence related to the project
- Establishing and maintaining project records
- Field material sampling and testing
Skills and Abilities:
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to work well in team-oriented structure
- 10+ years experience in civil, highway, or relevant engineering field of which 5 years must have been in a supervisory capacity of highway, bridge, facilities, or rail construction activities, as required by the project; and at least 5 years of which shall have been in field inspection activities
- NICET Level III to IV Certification in Transportation / Highway Construction is required, except for those persons possessing a current Professional Engineer's License registered in the State of Connecticut (PE)
- BS in engineering, construction management, or related field preferred
- Must be familiar with Form 816 and ConnDOT inspection requirements and procedures
- Must be proficient in / have comprehensive knowledge of the ConnDOT Municipal Inspection Manual
- Strong technical knowledge of construction methods, primarily for public sector projects
- Must have considerable knowledge of highway, bridge, facilities, or rail construction practices and procedures
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 36 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf