Chief Customer Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
BMC HealthNet Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout our organization:
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan is a not-for-profit managed care organization which was formed by Boston Medical Center in 1997. Today, BMCHP is supported by $1.6 billion in annual premiums and 550 employees. The Plan serves more than 290,000 members across Massachusetts and New Hampshire. BMCHP is one of the largest Medicaid (MassHealth) health plans in Massachusetts (MassHealth) with, approximately, statewide 190,000 members, and Well Sense Health Plan is the largest Medicaid health plan in New Hampshire with more than 85,000 members. Comprehensive coverage for hospital, primary, specialty, and behavioral health care are among the benefits and services provided by BMCHP to its members.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the President, the Chief Customer Officer (CCO) is a strategic advisor to the President and Executive Team peers. The CCO is responsible for development and oversight of a strategic plan that will differentiate our organization based on a superior customer experience and customer-centric sales and marketing strategies. The CCO will be an authority on customers, with the ability to create and drive customer strategy across business units. The CCO must focus on customer service, customer growth and customer retention. The ideal candidate must be able to help create a strong, customer-centric culture complete with accountability and ownership at all levels in the company.
As a member of the Executive Staff, the CCO will be a collaborative team player who actively manages and participates in the development and execution of the strategic goals, objectives and plans of the organization.
The CCO is responsible for the executive oversight of all member-facing departments including the Customer Call Center, Enrollment, Community Outreach, Sales and Marketing.
Corporate Leadership Responsibilities:
* Set the vision and lead customer facing departments by developing, directing and coordinating strategy consistent with established goals, compliance and quality requirements, objectives and policies and procedures.
* Establish metrics and assembles customer feedback from multiple sources, including survey data, market research, community events and call center feedback to understand the customer experience and drive improvement opportunities.
* Collaborate with Executive Team to make key decisions and set the Strategic Operating Plan.
* Meet applicable service level standards and requirements for all lines of business, as well as internal metrics.
* Lead a culture where the customer is consistently considered across the organization in all major decisions.
* Interact and collaborate with government officials.
* Partner in the development of new products with a focus on customer facing functions.
Customer Strategy Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement strategies to deliver superior Customer Service.
* Develop and implement training to improve Customer Service Satisfaction.
* Oversee research and development of new technologies/tools to help increase the satisfaction of the customer experience.
* Oversee improvement activities aimed at reducing costs, increasing accuracy and efficiency of both internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Oversee annual development and implementation of marketing and sales strategies within a complex, cross functional, multi-state, multi-product health plan. Build strong, collaborative working relationships with senior leadership across all business divisions.
* Oversee customer acquisition, retention, growth and service experience across all lines of business. Ensure alignment of efforts between marketing, community outreach and sales teams to deliver transparency of activity and accountability of results.
* Serve as an advocate and voice of the customer by identifying current issues and trends and optimizing opportunities to understand and take action on customer needs through a well-developed platform. Analyze the market/competitive landscape for federal and state government opportunities and recommend strategic options to maximize growth and value.
* Be the storyteller of member s lives and define the customer journey.
* Develop and implement strategies to mentor, motivate, develop and retain employees within the department.
* Oversee diverse functional staff groups consisting of 75 100 employees
* Responsible for Executive oversight of cross functional groups for major on-going strategic initiatives working in a matrixed product environment
* General direction is received from the President
About the ideal candidate:
* Bachelor s degree
* MBA, MPH or related post-graduate degree preferred
* 10+ years of senior management experience, with a minimum of 5 years leading one or more of the following functions: Customer Service, Call Center, Enrollment, or Marketing & Sales
* 10+ years of experience in a managed care/health care environment or a related government program
* Demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, managing and implementing Executive level projects
* Significant experience with government programs and associated regulations, guidelines, and standards
* Strong leadership skills and ability to build strong working relationships with team members and leadership colleagues
* Strong communication skills and strong relationships within community organizations
* High emotional intelligence
* Experience presenting to Board of Trustees
* Experience developing Accountable Care Organization (ACO) opportunities
* Experience in marketing and supporting a multi-product, multi-state business
* Experience in advanced marketing methods and technologies, including web-based and other social media
* Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects
* Analytical ability to use data to identify behaviors and trends
*BMC HealthNet Plan is moving its Boston office from Copley Place to the Schrafft Center at 529 Main Street in Charlestown. The move is expected to take place by the end of 2016.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.