Chief Engineer Crowne Plaza EVEN Hotels
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
* Do you see yourself as a
* Chief Engineer \- Crowne Plaza & EVEN Hotels
* ? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, gardening, shopping or car racing, at IHG we're interested in YOU\. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies \- people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do\. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team\. Manage the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel to ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and employees and to ensure compliance with all Brand and federal, state, and/or local regulatory and inspection requirements\. May have responsibility for the Loss Prevention function\.*
* DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* FINANCIAL RETURNS Monitor budget and control expenses within all areas of the department\. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel\. Establish and maintain procedures to \(1\) ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc\., \(2\) replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and \(3\) to minimize waste\. PEOPLE Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources\-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies\. Alert management of potentially serious issues\. Ensure all staff is properly trained and has the tools to and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties\. Educate/train employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and safety regulations\. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets\. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments\. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests\. Interact with outside contacts:
oGuests to ensure their total satisfaction oVendors to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc\. oContractors to obtain and review bids oRegulatory agencies regarding safety and compliance matters oOther contacts as needed \(Professional organizations, community groups, local media\) GUEST EXPERIENCE Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction\. May be responsible for determining the security requirements necessary to ensure that hotel property, employees, and guest are protected against theft, crime, and other hazards, and/or manage the relationship with a third party security firm contracted for such purposes\. RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS Work with corporate product managers, engineers, and/or outside architects regarding renovations and other such projects; contact contractors for bids and meet with appropriate construction supervisors to ensure timely completion of projects within budget and establish future maintenance commitments\. May assist with other duties as assigned and may serve as manager on duty as required\. Manage the daily activities of the department\. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage\. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures\. Maintain and repair the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning \(HVAC\), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool\-if applicable, etc\. Ensure the execution and achievement of the hotel s preventive maintenance program goals \(e\.g\. Holi\-Kare, CrowneKare, SuiteKare, etc\.\)\. Ensure that tools and equipment are prepared and operational for the following day s work\. ACCOUNTABILITY This is the top Maintenance/Engineering job in a small to medium limited or full\-service, or extended stay hotel which may include older buildings with associated maintenance difficulties and a moderate range of facilities, including one or more food and beverage\-type outlets, and/or meeting space or catering/convention facilities\. Supervises a small maintenance staff\.*
* Competitive salary
* Some college or advanced vocational training plus four years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience\. Hotel experience preferred\. Professional certification and license if required by law\. This job requires ability to perform the following:
Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100\-300 pounds Frequently standing up and moving about the facility Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling Other:
Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields\. Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required\. Communication, both verbal and written, skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company\. Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently\. Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often\. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays\.*
* Must have the legal right to work in this country
* Relocation support is not provided for this role
* In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan\. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people\. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself\. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG\. IHG is an equal opportunity employer:
Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans\.*
* _NY\-New York_*
* Requisition ID:
* _R123677_ .