This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Cushman & Wakefield
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Dallas, TX
Responsible for the daily operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs to a commercial facility including plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all other building systems. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
Essential Job Duties:
* Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
* Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment. These systems include, but are not limited to; air handling units (including both rooftop and built-up units), re-circulating air systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components.
* Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
* Respond quickly to emergency situations.
* Perform and/or oversee electrical and plumbing repair and troubleshooting.
* Perform and/or oversee water treatment and testing.
* Perform all assigned work so as to ensure the safety of the building's tenants and the continuous operation of the site.
* Prioritize service calls and follow-up upon completion.
* Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend equipment/service upgrades
* Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians when work cannot be performed in-house. Coordinate contractor, tenant and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor. Maintains log of work order details.
* Orders parts and supplies as required, and maintains stock and inventory control.
* Work with Building Manager in planning and controlling annual and capital budgets.
* Be responsive to tenant complaints in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems.
* Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and records.
* Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with site.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance
* Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
* Holds necessary/required licenses.
* Knowledge and understanding of blueprints.
* Possession of State of Texas Driver's License.
* Strong customer service, communication and computer skills.
Other Job Requirements:
* Available and on call 24/7
* Able to lift 50 pounds
* Able to climb ladder
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We're building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you're joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people. Visit our website at www.cwservices.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.