This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
NorthSand HR Group, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONDETROIT, MI AREA
BASE SALARY TO $220,000 (DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE) + FULL BENEFITS (MEDICAL, OPTICAL, DENTAL, 401K)
OUR CLIENT: Global automotive manufacturer poised for tremendous growth! Absolutely one of the most exciting products introduced in decades. Dynamic company with major expansions underway. They offer products that are cutting edge and will set the future path for the automotive world. Their locations are national with Michigan engineering and development centers leading the charge.
* Direct hire!
* Responsible to lead and manage the design and engineering of body structures with a brand new vehicle line. This is a ground floor opportunity to build an engineering team.
* LEAD activities (cradle to grave) on comprehensive automotive body engineering programs to successful launch. Including interface with: engineering development, architecture, vehicle integration, and manufacturing (assembly).
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Partial List)
* Works closely with and under the direction of, the Global VP of Engineering on this brand new vehicle line and upcoming new programs.
* Manages the product program proactively to ensure timing and program team objectives are met for all customers and corporation's milestones.
* Interfaces internally with Engineering, Sales, and Manufacturing.
* Plans and manages all program deliverables.
* Maintains P&L accountability.
* Takes ownership of project / engineering teams by defining and tracking measurables for success.
* Serves as primary contact - Body Engineering/Structures/Closures communicate project status and coordination of open issues.
* Generates team commitment and ensure APQP and simultaneous engineering principles are followed.
* Follows and continuously improves program management systems, contract review, and APQP processes.
* Works closely with the manufacturing team to implement changes that improve the product quality, reduces product variability, reduces costs and improves and control process.
* Bachelor's degree. Engineering preferred. (But not a must have)
* Extensive experience with automotive body engineering.
* Strong product engineering & the development of automotive body structures (Body closures experience a nice compliment)
* Hands-on troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Proven experience in technical vehicle program delivery
* Minimum 5 years of experience leading/managing an engineering team.
* Able to lead cross-functional teams
* Must be able to act as liaison with the program team, CAE analysis group, suppliers and assembly plant for all design responsible parts.
* Demonstrated ability to provide robust solutions to complex problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good knowledge of attribute engineering - NVH, thermal, crash, durability, vehicle dynamics, etc.
Key words: Engineering manager group manager cpe chief program manager