Chief Estimator - Industrial Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION: Detroit, MI
BASE COMPENSATION: $90K - $120K
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a well-established, industry leading construction company that offers a challenging and rewarding career. In this position, you will have full estimating responsibility at all stages. You will direct your team, develop strategy, and work with appropriate partners to meet company objectives while ensuring that successful bidding strategies are implemented. You will be responsible for maintaining all managerial oversight of all solicitation documentation and all pricing strategies. Ultimately, the work you and your team will produce will determine the success of this company.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management preferred, but not required if you meet experience requirement
* Minimum of 10 years of professional estimating experience for architecture or construction industry
* Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience overseeing estimating industrial projects up to 100 million
* Certifications: LEED Accreditation, PMP, PE, DBIA Designation, LEED Accreditation, or CMCIA
* Must be Computer Savvy - Microsoft Office softwarerequired. Use Primavera and MS Project to create schedules. BIM technical phrases and terms
* Successful experience completing estimates conceptual through final phases; competitive bid and negotiated projects
* Experience with analyzing plans & specification, provide material take-offs and lead lump sum bid process
* Knowledge and experience of Project Management Principles & Guidelines within the
Construction Industry to deliver GMP
* Lead the preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates, including the preparation of bid documents and the development of clear written proposals and correspondence
* Prepare and summarize task and subtask estimates, including rate and unit cost determination
* Excellent planning skills and the ability to set expectations and drive accountability
* Successful relationships with local subcontractor is vital
* Great interpersonal skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills are vital
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills