Chief Executive Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Northeast Career Planning
JOB DESCRIPTIONSince 1954, Northeast Career Planning's diverse range of program offerings have evolved, yet always continue to remain focused on preparing individuals with disabilities to reach their highest potential. With offices and programs spanning eight counties across Upstate New York, Northeast Career Planning is located in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Saratoga, Columbia, Greene, Washington and Warren counties and serves more than 2,000 individuals each year.
Over the last 62 years, the work of Northeast Career Planning has included strategic partnerships with government agencies, school districts, universities and colleges, and employers. Current government agencies include:
* The Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)
* Office for Mental Health (OMH)
* Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
* National Institute for Severe Handicaps (NISH)
* New York State Industry for the Disabled (NYSID)
* New York State Department of Social Services (DSS)
* Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR)
* Veterans Administration (VA).
Reporting to the Board of Directors, The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the Agency's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. Additionally, the CEO is responsible for ensuring all programs are meeting their intended purpose and goals, and performing at a level of quality that meets the expectations of the Board of Directors and participants. Additional responsibilities include the fiscal well-being of Northeast Career Planning, supervision of the management team, liaison to the Board of Directors, community leadership and execution of the Agency mission.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
EXECUTION OF MISSION
* Ensures that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress
* Provides leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and executes those plans and policies authorized by the Board
* Promotes active and broad engagement of stakeholders, funding sources, community collaterals, program participants and staff
* Proactively seeks out new business ventures that support the viability of the Agency and enhance the development of sustainable, mission driven programming
* Ensures that the Board is kept fully informed of the financial viability of the Agency
* Provides the Board with current, accurate and meaningful financial information to allow for sound fiscal management of the Agency's multiple funding streams
* Develops, implements and monitors annual operating budgets
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive financial forecast
LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT
* Ensures that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are conducted, and that sound human resource practices are in place
* Ensures that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place
* Encourages staff development and education, and assists program staff in relating their specialized work to the total success of the Agency
* Maintains a climate which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality talent.
* Creates an environment of mutual trust and respect
* Provides clear direction to management staff to ensure execution of the Agency mission
COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY
* Ensures that Northeast Career Planning's Board of Directors, management and employees are operating in compliance with applicable laws and the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies as well as Northeast Career Planning's policies and Code of Conduct.
* Ensures that the workplace is safe for all employees and program participants and in compliance with all OSHA regulations
* Addresses compliance and/or safety related concerns in a timely manner with appropriate care.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degreerequired, Master's Degreepreferred. Minimum 7 years' management experience with at least 2 years in a senior management role required.
* Demonstrated leadership ability and a capacity to understand complex legal requirements is required.
* Experience working with NYS funding sources and significant understanding of regulations as they pertain to people served under Office of Mental Health (OMH), Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and Department of Health (DOH) and a comprehensive understanding of the managed care delivery system is strongly preferred.
* Strong preference for candidates with management experience in an agency serving people with disabilities, and leading programs which help people with disabilities navigate barriers to employment.
Applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume via email to CEOsearch@northeastcareer.org by September 16, 2016.
_EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)_
_WE ENCOURAGE ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO APPLY_
_Northeast Career Planning does not base employment decisions on an individual's race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Northeast Career Planning may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes._
Disclaimer: Northeast Career Planning does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee or any Board Member of Northeast Career Planning about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Northeast Career Planning via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Northeast Career Planning; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Northeast Career Planning as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.