Chief Financial Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
* Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
* Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
* Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
* Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
* Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
* Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
* Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
* Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
* Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
* Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
* Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
* Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the controller and the indirect supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or similar education required; MBA & CPA preferred.
Clear understanding of operational finance and accounting in an entrepreneurial environment.
Strong compliance and ethical standards.
Budget Planning & Forecasting experience.
Background leading multi-site financial team preferred.
US GAAP, IFRS and financial reporting technical skills.
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
No Relocation Package Available.