Chief Financial Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
General Aluminum Manufacturing Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB PURPOSE
The Chief Financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
* Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
* Develop financial and tax strategies
* Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
* Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
* Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
* Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
* Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
* Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
* Implement operational best practices
* Supervise acquisition and closures due diligence and financial impact.
* Oversee the issuance of financial information
* Personally review and approve all filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
* Report financial results to the Corporate office and Board of Directors
* Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
* Construct and monitor reliable control systems
* Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
* Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
* Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
* Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
* Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
The candidate chief financial officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.