Chief Helicopter Videographer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CHIEF HELICOPTER VIDEOGRAPHER
Requisition ID: 27755BR
Location: Farmingdale, New York
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Networks is looking for a talented Chief Photographer/Editor for Chopper 12 to shoot, edit and produce video on a daily basis and lead the operation in the creative and technical aspects of aerial photography and photojournalism. The ideal candidate will propose, develop, plan, shoot, edit and otherwise create packages on a daily and weekly basis which highlight Chopper 12 and aerial video in general. Work closely, on a daily basis, with all N12 operations and Assignment Desks to coordinate, cover and shoot breaking news, provide live feeds to the Studio and shoot other video. Work closely with Pilots to plan and execute flights. Coordinate the video library, recording media, FTP and video distribution and equipment inventory. Take a leading role in coaching and training of aerial photographers. Recruit and hire aerial photographers while working in conjunction with ENG Manager. Engage the news operations and promote and enable the use of aerial video in news coverage.
The Chief Photographer for Chopper 12 will be responsible for developing standard operating procedures and policies in coordination with other managers and Pilots. Managing the schedules of full time and fill in photographers to meet coverage needs, including standby shifts. Having a full understanding of and expertise with equipment and facilitating repairs in coordination with engineers and vendors. Assisting Pilots with management and maintenance of the helicopter and as needed assisting with management of news vehicle fleets to ensure smooth news gathering operations.
Facilitating submission of award entries in regional and national competition on deadline. Regularly submitting work worthy of award consideration. Working independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product, or shooting live action suitable for distribution on the News 12 services. Keeping equipment, including cameras, lights and peripheral gear in good working order, initiating repairs when necessary. Recommending and maintaining adequate spare equipment to eliminate down time due to equipment failure. Maintaining proper signal quality throughout devices / equipment and work flow. Maintaining full and up to date documentation of video installation.
Maintaining strong and effective relationships with vendors needed to support Chopper 12 and the aerial program. Driving news cars and electronic news gathering vehicles and operating production and transmission equipment. Making optimum use of budgets. Developing and overseeing an aerial drone program to keep N12 s efforts at the leading edge of capability while staying within the legal guidelines and good practices. Responding to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Participating in special projects and performing other duties as assigned. Overseeing interns if and when assigned to provide them and News 12 the best possible and constructive experience.
* Associates or Bachelor s degree preferred, Master s degree is a plus.
* Eight years of experience in aerial photography and television news gathering and/or production preferred.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Professional recognition in the form of significant awards.
* Knowledge of aerial newsgathering and photography practices.
* Knowledge of television news gathering practices.
* Outstanding photojournalism skills.
* Ability to train and coach staff.
* Commitment to and proficiency in journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy.
* Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure.
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of news production techniques, and equipment and technical standards for production and transmission of News 12 services.
* Knowledge of applicable laws related to photojournalism, aerial photography and use of drones.
* Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
* Proficiency in current and emerging news production equipment and technologies, including two-way radios, microwave, cameras, recorders, signal processing and switching, long and short range transmissions systems, drones, remote control systems and emerging technologies.
* Valid driver s license with good driving record.
* Flexibility to work any assigned shift and to stay on duty to cover developing stories.
* Ability to generate superior results while in the air for extended periods under all weather conditions.
* Ability to lift heavy objects, carry cameras and equipment for extended periods of time.
*Ability to perform duties in variable flying conditions over long durations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..