Chief Information Officer 8/11/2016
Human Capital Consultants
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, a $20 Million plus revenue INC. 500 winner is an ecommerce technology company ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in Virginia. Located in charming Old Town Alexandria, our client will provide you with the opportunity to partner with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar for innovation and success in a high-growth environment.
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
The ideal candidate for this role is a hands-on technologist (software development) who has built the technology infrastructure and team for a startup or growing mid-market technology company. The successful candidate will use technology to improve internal processes and increase revenue. The successful candidate will come from a rapidly growing (think INC 5 or similar) company and while not currently the CIO is ready for the next step in his or her career.
Our client is seeking a motivated and dynamic Chief Information Officer to help grow the business. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CIO position will be responsible for the technological direction of the company and will work on building out a world class team to help achieve business goals. The position will work across purchasing, business development and fulfillment teams to identify and improve current business systems with the goal of increased revenue and lower costs. The role requires an outside the box innovative thinker who embraces change in a fast paced environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE;
* Build a world class technology team including recruitment, development and retention.
* Provide strategic and operational direction for the entire technology function.
* Develop and OWN the technology roadmap that will enable our client to scale 10x.
* Proactively work with cross functional teams to identify and implement process improvements via automation that will increase productivity and lower costs.
* Establish quarterly goals and objectives for the department and ensure that all goals are met on-time and with the highest quality.
* Build and manage relationships with key IT service and technology partners.
* Manage and maintain all IT infrastructure, including Salesforce CRM and Teikiametrics sales platform.
* University degree in the field of computer science, engineering or IT preferred
* Experience leading a technology function including strategic planning and execution in a startup or mid-market company.
* Minimum 5years of experience in software development, project management, systems analysis and database management.
* At least 3years of experience working with "big data", including developing automation and insights derived from large datasets. Retail data experience a plus.
* Experience managing and customizing Salesforce CRM and Teikiametrics sales platform a plus.
* Proven leadership and the ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Excellent written, oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal abilities with the ability to present ideas in business- and user- friendly language.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
* Strong analytical aptitude
* Highly organized
* Focused on results
* High energy with a passion for relationship building
* Outstanding follow-up and planning ability
* Self-starter, pro-active
* Does not like to lose
* Embrace change
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.