Chief Investment Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
West Des Moines, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith direct reporting to the CFO, the CIO position oversees all facets of the organizations' investment fuctions:
* Coordinate the overall investment strategy and portfolioconstruction in alignment with the organization's strategic objectives, risk appetite, and capital objectives.
* Monitor the investment portfolio's performance and underlying risks
* Manage and work closely with the external investment managers in developing and executing overall investment strategy.
* Manage the investment accounting function ensuring accurate and timely investment data and compliance.
* Serves as liasion with Investment Committee of the Board.
* Provides direct servicing of the organization's commercial mortgage loanportfolio including workout strategies and negotiations on troubled mortgages.
To be considered, Candidate must:
* Posess 10+ years investment management experience with life insurance experiencepreferred.
* CFA credentials preferred
* Strong fixed income experience, with the proficiency to understand and evaluate other asset classes e.g. equities, real estate, private equity, hedge funds, etc.
* Exceptional analytical skills
* Strong communications skills with the ability to present on complex ideas to a variety of audiences.