Chief Medical Officer 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
As a licensed physician with overall responsibility for providing general direction, advice and education in the area of medical and disability management, develops and enhances standards of care, clinical guidelines and protocols, provider recruitment and credentialing, physician profiling and overall quality and effectiveness of medical and disability products.
* Provides strategic direction and guidance in the creation and enhancement of all
medical and disability products ensuring high quality and effective medical care.
* Develops and enhances orientation, training and on-going medical education for
the staff, particularly the medical staff, to ensure understanding of the role
required in the business operation.
* Manages and oversees the physician staff and peer to peer utilization review
panels to ensure effectiveness.
* Establishes, enhances and monitors clinical treatment guidelines and utilization
* Assists in the selection, education and on-going evaluation of network providers
and in maintaining positive relationships with the medical community.
* Assists in determining and delivering public education and advertising needs and
participates, as needed, in customer presentations and medical problem
* Acts as a medical consultant to the entire organization in such areas as medical
and disability claim management, return to work programs and loss prevention
* Assists in interpreting governmental regulatory matters relative to medical and
disability management for effectiveness in the provision of services.
* Provides expertise on use of data and reports to assist in medical management of
individual cases as well as outcome measurement. * Remains visionary and anticipatory of changes in clinical management issues and the resulting impact on products, provider and patient.
* Performs other related administrative duties to ensure retention of a qualified staff and effective provision of medical and disability services.
* Must possess a doctorate degree in medicine from an accredited university or college and have completed a certified residency program.
* At least 5 years of clinical experience.
* At least 5 years of management experience in a managed care organization.
* At least 2 years of experience in utilization review and/or quality assurance
* Board Certification if an MD or DO.
* Current, unrestricted clinical license.
* Must possess a valid U.S. drivers license.
* Must be able to travel.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.