Chief Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 3/9/2017
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
Manage multiple sprint teams across multiple geographic areas. Collect and maintain velocity, burndown, and other agile metrics to measure team performance. Maintain software quality within acceptable defect rates and ensure timely defect resolution. Ensure adherence to all Army standards, Leidos policies, and software development best practices. Provide the program manager with timely metrics to gauge progress towards objectives. Create system development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules. Prepare and present project milestone reviews to senior management and customers. Recruit and retain professional software engineering staff within budget. Lead the software IPT to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java. Apply and enhance the software development processes and methodology in a mixed waterfall and agile program environment. Use development operations, collaboration and source control tools including Jira, Confluence, Nexus, and Git. Support complete and accurate technical system documentation and specifications across the program lifecycle. Identify potential roadblocks and methods to remove them. Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics. Implement software coding standards and ensure all code developed is maintainable and matches specifications. Lead design reviews, sprint planning, release planning, demonstrations and retrospectives. Lead unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements. Manage software defect resolution during all phases of the software development lifecycle. Other duties as required.
* Currently possesses an active DOD SECRET security clearance.
* BS degree and 12 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
* Cost account management experience.
* Software development leadership experience over a sizeable team.
* Experience working in a geographically dispersed environment.
* Agile Software development experience.
* Experience with development operations tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Nexus, and Git.
* Experience in Java/Java EE architecture and programming.
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and REST based web service technologies, including WSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, XML, XSD, and XSLT.
* Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
* Experience designing and building web services, including REST-based services.
* Experience developing applications using network sockets.
* Experience serializing data structures using JSON or XML for communication with web clients.
* Experience using pub/sub message queues.
* Experience using and configuring Eclipse-based Java IDE.
* Hardware virtualization (cloud) experience.
* Experience with automated unit test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages.
* Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Good verbal and written skills.
* Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project).
AASKI provides an excellent package of comprehensive benefits for full-time employees beginning the first day of employment.
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
* 10 Paid Holidays; 3 weeks Paid Time Off.
* 401k Retirement Plan with employer match.
* Life Insurance and AD&D; Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and AD&D.
* Long and Short Term Disability.
* Flexible Spending Account.
* Discounted Legal Service, Income Protection, Discounted Home & Auto.
Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 project/business environment a plus for all open positions. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability. All employees of the Company are employed At Will. This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability.