VP Technology Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPurpose Statement
Travelport is looking for a VP Technology Planning to lead the ongoing definition and development of Travelport s Technology strategy, the timely delivery and ownership of key strategic initiatives and projects as well as to drive the necessary alignment and performance metrics between the Technology teams, processes and people assets.
The role is a global one, reporting to the CIO. The VP Technology Planning will work extensively with many internal business units as well as the Travelport Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
* Working closely with Travelport Technology Leaders on defining, driving and maintaining the Travelport technology business strategy.
* Ensuring effective communication of the strategy to both internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
* Leading the annual strategic planning and review process, working with all relevant stakeholders (own the 5-year plan). This process is about both logistics as well as content.
* Managing the process for defining and prioritizing strategic initiatives, including the identification of new initiatives and the calculation and measurement of project benefits with practical KPIs. Develop common methodologies where appropriate and ensure they are used. Own the initiative master plan.
* In partnership with the Communications team, developing draft communication on behalf of the CIO, including but not limited to updates at board/SLT meetings.
* Looking forward to make sure the CIO is prepared of everything that is coming up in the coming weeks and months.
* Ensuring clear and consistent communication of priorities across the technology organization while ensuring that barriers and risks to those priorities are identified early and managed effectively.
* Ensuring clear accountability, targets, timelines and deliverables for each strategic initiative; work with initiative leaders to make appropriate trade-offs and adjustments.
* Working with Finance to translate the strategy into 3-5 year financial forecasts.
* Establishing and maintaining processes and dashboards to manage, monitor and track key initiatives and provide regular and systemic reporting to CIO, Technology Leadership Team (TLT), Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and initiative owners.
* Organizing and chairing monthly review meetings with relevant strategy/initiative owners
* Identifying potential bottlenecks in the delivery of strategic initiatives, including the management of interdependencies and resourcing
* Recommending corrective actions where appropriate, including escalation or unblocking of organizational issues; provide SWAT team support to initiative owners where required
* Putting in place frameworks for managing the performance of key strategic initiatives and understand how and where these initiatives need intervention, review, realignment and reset.
* Managing the strategic framework within which the TLT can increase its effectiveness in identifying the multiplier opportunities, accelerate the definition and planning of priorities and opportunities at TLT and SLT level with appropriate measures of performance, risk and governance.
Corporate and Business Development Initiatives
* For key projects, provide overall project leadership including operational execution. Typical roles might include:
* High level opportunity evaluation/screening
* Preparation of internal and external discussion materials
* Business case development
* Design of internal processes
* Acquisition integration
* On an ad hoc basis, direct and review business cases while providing analysis efforts to support critical business decision making (covering strategy, corporate development, skills and capabilities, organizational design, process optimization); champion high standards of analytical assessment.
* Develops and oversees a process for capturing, cataloging, analyzing and disseminating key lessons to be learned from initiatives, with a view to help share best practices throughout the Technology organization.
* Any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education
* University Degree or equivalent; MBA strongly preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of relevant business and commercial experience, ideally with technology and/or product leadership and proven delivery of results.
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to judge situations accurately and quickly, grasping complexities, identifying key issues and applying sound judgment.
* Outstanding leadership skills and potential, ability to command respect quickly within the organization. Self-confidence to be able to work with the senior management team, and at times challenge and influence their ideas/strategies.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to influence the business to take key decisions.
* Highly numerate, with a proven ability to manipulate and analyze data to resolve commercial issues.
* Strong project management skills, able to plan and coordinate multi-functional projects.
* Previous or existing travel industry experience advantageous but not essential.
* Outstanding Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
* The incumbent is required to work within a complex matrixed environment while dealing with continuous change and balancing multiple priorities.
* The VP Technology Planning role is a unique position in which the incumbent must use judgment and experience to successfully leverage analysis, operational, strategy, advisory and influencing skills at all levels of the organization.
* This position reports to the CIO and is part of the TLT.
* The incumbent will interact and build working relationships with their counterparts across the organization.
* Other key stakeholders include the SLT and CLT as well as the Marketing, Communications, Finance, Legal Communications and HR teams.
* As projects will vary and evolve, the stakeholder population will as well but generally is comprised of individuals from across the organization.
* The incumbent must be able to successfully work with and influence individuals that fall outside their span of control.
Travel will be required, approximately 25%.