Child Life Specialist PRN 8a-4:30p Mon - Fri as needed.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00477-6369
TO PROVIDE PSYCHOLOGICAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL BASED ASSESSMENT AND SUPPORT TO BOTH PATIENTS AN THEIR FAMILIES. PLAN AND PROVIDE EMOTIONALLY AND DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE EXPERIENCES TO PROMOTE EFFECTIVE COPING WITH HEALTH CARE AND CONTINUED COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL GROWTH. ENHANCE QUALITY OF PATIENT CARE THROUGH PARTICIPATION, DOCUMENTATION AND COMMUNICATION WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE HEALTH CARE TEAM. SERVE AS A RESOURCE AND ADVOCATE ON CHILD DEVELOPMENT ISSUES.
1. Bachelor s degree in Child Life or closely related field.
* Two years minimum experience in the Child Life profession. An exceptional candidate with outstanding personal qualities and work experience may be considered.
* Completion of a Child Life internship in a qualified Child Life program, minimum of 450 hours, under the supervision and advisement of a qualified Child Life Educator.
* Certified or eligible for Child Life Certification by the Child Life Council of the Association for the Care of Children s Health.
* Must have and maintain professional affiliations and associations with individuals, organizations and institutions related to Child Life.
1. Maintains and respects patient confidentiality.
2. Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
Last Edited: 11/25/2016